|Grab some fresh berries from C&T Produce this weekend|
You may have noticed: last week that we had a new, larger 4MRMarket lounge! If you were at the market for our kid-friendly musician (thanks again to Marsha Goodman-Wood), perhaps you enjoyed the shade and a place to relax, eat, and have coffee. With more space, you're more likely to get a seat at the popular 4MRMarket Lounge area this weekend!
Also, in case you missed it last week, if you forget to stop at the ATM, you can swipe your credit or debit card with us and we'll give you tokens in $5 increments to spend at 4MRMarket. Numerous patrons took advantage of the first week of the 4MRMarket ATM, so give it a try this week! Tokens are as good as cash, and vendors give you change.
We welcome back a couple of periodic weekly vendors this week. Handcrafted goods from local Mujeres Artisanes de Alexandria (MAdA) are sure to brighten your day. Also, we welcome back Sweetcentral Babycakes, with her tasty and beautifully presented cupcakes. Be sure not to miss Elda's delicious creations. Lastly, a new vendor this week is Josi Essential Organics, a line of organic skin care and beauty products for men and women. Be sure to peruse her offerings this week!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week to satisfy your summer cravings:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork and, now, Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Sweetcentral Babycakes (Springfield, VA) - Artfully crafted cupcakes in babycake and teenycake sizes from Elda. This is her first market, so please welcome her and give her delicious babycakes a try.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Ephesian Beauty (Manassas, VA) - Pure, natural homemade skin care and beauty supplies.
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Mujeres Artesanas de Alexandria (MAdA) - High quality hand-made crafts from several local low-income residents.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.