|Marsha Goodman-Wood is family-friendly|
and on the 4MRStage this Sunday!
There are two big pieces of news this week. For one, we have more kid-friendly live music lined up this Sunday on the 4MRStage! For the other, if you forget to stop at the ATM before the market, you can swipe your credit or debit card with us and we'll give you tokens in $5 increments to spend at 4MRMarket. They're as good as cash, and vendors give you change from the tokens.
Here's more about our artist on the 4MRStage this week:
Local singer/songwriter and music teacher Marsha Goodman-Wood is known for getting kids singing and dancing at her shows, setting little toes to tapping with original melodies that mix generous doses of science and positive social messages into songs that are just plain fun.
Her quirky, smart compositions take on topics from astronomy (answering the age-old question "Why Can't You Dance on Jupiter?") to nonconformity ("Sheep Don't Wear Shoes") to biology ("The Penguin Song"). Her tunes and stories are sure to please children and grownups alike. Marsha takes inspiration for her lyrics straight from the creative kids she's raising and teaching. A mother of three, she brings to her performances a parent's eye for connecting with audiences, along with a music teacher's sensibility for what works to move kids of all ages.
Marsha has just launched her debut kindie (kids independent) CD, "Gravity Vacation" which is streaming free and available for download at http://bit.ly/z2sC7N. See her at 4MRMarket at 11am!
Head out this Sunday and enjoy the beautiful day (in the low 80s!) and take in a free music performance that is perfect for kids and adults alike.
This week we also welcome back Sweetcentral Babycakes, with her tasty and beautifully presented cupcakes. Be sure not to miss Elda's delicious creations this weekend!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week to satisfy your summer cravings:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork and, now, Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Sweetcentral Babycakes (Springfield, VA) - Artfully crafted cupcakes in babycake and teenycake sizes from Elda. This is her first market, so please welcome her and give her delicious babycakes a try.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Ephesian Beauty (Manassas, VA) - Pure, natural homemade skin care and beauty supplies.
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.