Wytold Lebing, an acclaimed electric cellist, and a Strathmore Artist in Residence, has volunteered to play the market this weekend, so come on out and experience a very eclectic and electric sound for a song. Donations will be accepted, but the performance is totally free! Find a music loving neighbor who has never stopped by our little neighborhood market that could and bring them along.
sauteed C&T onions, Tom's Amish goat cheese
and Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce.
Did you see the 4MRMarket Meal on our facebook page last week? Check out this market-based creation and cook along if you're so inspired (recipe included).
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week to satisfy your summer cravings:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia .
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork and, now, Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- UPDATE 2: Welcome Back Mujeres Artesanas de Alexandria (MAdA) - High quality hand-made crafts from several local low-income residents.
- Ephesian Beauty (Manassas, VA) - Pure, natural homemade skin care and beauty supplies.
- Swee Lo Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.