David Camero, the company's artistic director is an experienced actor originally from Venezuela who is fluent in English and Spanish. David also sings a variety of songs in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. (Times may vary).
In his own words:
Al Fresco theatre is a experience where everybody, all audiences, children and adults, share the opportunity to be involved in marvelous World of fantasy, Music and games with Cachito, le Bouffon IL Troubadour, and other special characters...
Using the Commedia del’Arte as poetic expression… In which the extravagance of jesters and jugglers as the main representatives of the performance.
Their commitment is: "Laughing is the healing of the soul".David also sells old fashioned dolls, masks, pins and broaches. He will offer those for sale at 4MRMarket as well. This is a free performance for free (donations accepted) as a service to 4MRMarket and to share his craft, so please come out and support the arts this Sunday at 10:00am. And please help support the arts in Four Mile Run Park by supporting the artists.
Once again, 4MRMarket have delicious cupcakes from Sweetcentral Babycakes this week...and all the other fresh, natural, delicious goodies, plus a few crafts and the all natural skincare products from Ephesian Beauty. Be sure to check out each vendor this week. You might find something you hadn't noticed before. Every week is a little different at 4MRMarket!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week to satisfy your summer cravings:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork and, now, Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Sweetcentral Babycakes (Springfield, VA) - Artfully crafted cupcakes in babycake and teenycake sizes from Elda. This is her first market, so please welcome her and give her delicious babycakes a try.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Ephesian Beauty (Manassas, VA) - Pure, natural homemade skin care and beauty supplies.
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath & body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.