|Live on the 4MRMarket Stage this weekend!|
Photo from Reverbnation.com
This weekend at 4MRMarket, you'll find a The Back Alley Blues Boys (like them on Facebook!) playing on the 4MRStage from 11am-Noon, as was the norm most of last season. The Back Alley Blues Boys are a local Alexandria blues trio. In their own words, they "play acoustic guitar-driven blues, folk, and roots music, from delta blues to rockabilly, as well as some softer acoustic numbers."
This weekend, we also welcome Blue Ridge Botanicals to the fold. They sell a great selection of veggie starts, potted herbs, perennials, and other plants to get your garden started this spring! These passionate purveyors of plants have all the items you need to supplement your fresh 4MRMarket purchases with a harvest that's as local as you can get... right in your backyard!
So come out and pick up a gardens worth of veggie starts, potted herbs, perennials from Blue Ridge Botanicals, ready-to-eat local produce from C&T Produce, top quality, pasture raised beef from the nearby Shenandoah from Stifler Farms, artisan made cheese from Tom's Amish Cheese, and or a variety of other goodies!
Here is our list of vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Blue Ridge Botanicals (Castleton, VA) - Many varieties of herbs, native plants, veggie starts, perennials, and more. As you get ready to start the garden, the nursery comes to you!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
- Old Town Suds - (Alexandria) This maker of eco-friendly soaps, cleaning supplies, bath bombs, and more!
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.