|Blue Ridge Botanicals at Tacoma Park Market|
Last weekend saw the opening of 4MRMarket. We saw a good turnout and lots of people happy to see the market back at 4109 Mt. Vernon Ave.
Thank you to everyone that turned up to get our 4th season off to a great start, and thank you VERY MUCH to the volunteers that planted the 2 dozen new trees in Four Mile Run Park adjacent to the market site.
The park continues to improve thanks to lots of volunteer effort, and we'd like to think in part due to the fact that so many people now consider Four Mile Run Park an important part of their weekend. As one of the biggest parks in the City, there's still lots of work to do, but the park keeps getting more welcoming, enjoyable, and useful to area residents.
This weekend, we welcome Blue Ridge Botanicals to the fold. They sell a great selection of veggie starts, potted herbs, perennials, and other plants to get your garden started this spring! These passionate purveyors of plants have all the items you need to supplement your fresh 4MRMarket purchases with a harvest that's as local as you can get... right in your backyard!
And of course, for your ready-to-eat produce, you have C&T Produce with fresh early season items. Fluffed Up Desserts will be selling tempting macarons and a variety of gourmet s'mores bars. Stifler Farms will have their top quality, pasture raised beef from the nearby Shenandoah, and you can even get artisan made cheese from Tom's Amish Cheese!
Here is our list of vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Blue Ridge Botanicals (Castleton, VA) - Many varieties of herbs, native plants, veggie starts, perennials, and more. As you get ready to start the garden, the nursery comes to you!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Fluffed Up Desserts - (Alexandria) - Gourmet Marshmallow treats and macarons.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.