|Pick up some fresh leafy goodness|
this weekend from C&T Produce
4MRMarket has yet another local performer this weekend on the 4MRStage!
Jong Lee is a guitarist and singer that covers popular tunes and lives only a few blocks from the market. He runs a local business called Jive Sound (like them on Facebook) that specializes in bass guitars and related music equipment. He'll play from around 10:30 to 11:30 or noon, so come check him out!
If you haven't picked up something for Mother's Day, yet, why not pick up a few things at this Sunday's 4MRMarket for Mom? Shiny Soap and Fiber will be here with all of their hand made soaps and angora rabbit wool products. Not to mention all of the mom-friendly health and beauty products from Kalika Natural Beauty.
Also back this weekend is Fluffed Up Desserts, the purveyors of mom-friendly gourmet marshmallow treats, smores, and macarons that anyone is sure to love for a sweet treat!
So come out and grab something high quality and locally made from one of our great producers!
Here is our list of vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- Fluffed Up Desserts - (Alexandria) - Gourmet Marshmallow treats and macarons.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
Here is our list of craft and beauty product vendors for this Sunday!
- Shiny Soap and Fiber - (Hollywood, MD) - Crafty Shiny whips up hand made bathes of goats milk soap, hand milled soaps, herbal soaps, knitted items from Angora rabbit fur, and even soap dishes!
- Kalika Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.