|Mike Elosh performs last August on the 4MRMarket Stage!|
As we get deeper into the growing season, C&T Produce will have even more fresh produce in stock. From their Facebook page:
"Cucumbers and summer squash will be available at all markets, as well as all the other Spring goodies. Berries are a bit limited, due to all the rain and heat, so come early for those."
Also this Sunday, we welcome back 4MRMarket Stage veteran Mike Elosh to 4MRMarket this weekend from 11-noon!
Mike Elosh is a roots and folk musician that you've probably heard during his monthly performances at St. Elmo's Coffee Pub.
As always, the concert is free. Mike and all our performers are volunteering to share their music with market goers, though we will gladly welcome tips and friendly applause for our musicians! Please come out and support this Dylan-like folk rock singer/songwriter. Mike uses guitar, piano and harmonica to accompany his roots-based music.
On top of the tasty new items from C&T Produce, you'll also find a great selection of meat, cheese, handmade soaps, health and beauty products, and more. Get your fresh and local groceries and enjoy Mike Elosh from the 4MRMarket Lounge!
Here is our list of vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
Here is our list of craft and beauty product vendors for this Sunday!
- Photo Gifts by Rachel - (Arlington, VA) - Photo gifts, coasters, mirrors, photo greeting cards
- Old Town Suds - (Alexandria) This maker of eco-friendly soaps, cleaning supplies, bath bombs, and more! Old Town Suds started because Steffanie was allergic to most commercial soaps on the market; then she became really sick and wondered if her health was being made worse by everyday chemicals. Their decadent soaps & nose-pleasing cleaning products are tough on dirt but easy on humans, pets, and the Earth. Look for Port City Beer soap & Legend (Richmond, VA) Beer soap plus the Cup of Joe soap that looks like a latte!
- Kalika Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.