|See Janna Audey this week on the|
4MRMarket Stage from 11am-noon
The 4MR Stage once again will be graced by a local singer/songwriter this Sunday from 11am-Noon. Janna Audey will perform a solo set, which means you can expect her storyteller side to come out. Janna mixes up her performances, doing some solo, some with her husband, and some with a full band.
So what can you expect out of this Sunday's show? As Janna says, when she performs solo, "it's all about intimacy, sharing the gift of life through each song's story, and connecting the audience to the music, which ultimately connects us to one another (in the room), and that central part within ourselves." Janna's music is "a mix of her own material and adaptations of songs by her favorite artists and songwriters."
If you've yet to see one of the many free performances at 4MRMarket, come out this Sunday at 11am and enjoy. If you've checked out the talent we've hosted previously, why not become a regular in the 4MRMarket Lounge. The artists appreciate a crowd, and you can couple the trip out to view a talented musician up close with a shopping trip full of local produce, cheeses, bread, meat, and other fantastic goods. Who can resist a two-for-one deal!?
|4MRMarket as featured on NPR|
This week we welcome back Sandra, a talented decorative glass plate designer from Blooming Plates. Check out her wares and get inspired for yourself or as a gift. You'll also find most of our regulars, though the Stifler's delicious pasture-raised beef will be absent this weekend. They'll be back next weekend, so fear not.
Come, shop, listen, learn, and just enjoy a day out at your great Arlandria farmers market!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" is off this week, but will return next week.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath & body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Kayvee International - Clothing, dresses and scarves from India
- Blooming Plates (Virginia) - Sandra has 20 years of experience crafting with paper. She combines colored paper and glass to come up with beautiful decorative plate designs.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.