|Watch Ella Sophia on the 4MRMarket Stage |
from 11am-noon this weekend.
Here's a little more about the Alexandrian musician in her own words: "My music is mainly of the singer/songwriter genre...but it can get mixed up with pop and folk. I play guitar and piano, and I write my own songs."
|4MRMarket as featured on NPR|
This week 4MRMarket will have all the fantastic local regulars, plus those delicious cupcakes from SweetCentral Babycakes and Dominion Green Power will set up a tent to talk about their Green Power initiatives. Those tasty pickles from No. 1 Sons will be back after a one week hiatus, as well. So come, shop, listen, learn, and just enjoy a day out at your great Arlandria farmers market!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
- Sweetcentral Babycakes (Springfield, VA) - Artfully crafted cupcakes in babycake and teenycake sizes from Elda.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath & body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Kayvee International - Clothing, dresses and scarves from India
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.