|The 4MRStage under construction last winter.|
4MRMarket continues to gear up for the season with more vendors joining us each week.
This Sunday we debut the first performances on the newly completed 4MRStage. Throughout our short life, 4MRMarket has hosted a variety of performing artists. The Alexandria Commission for the Arts provided funding for a new outdoor stage thanks to a grant from the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts. And thanks to a matching gift from an anonymous donor, this year performances will have a new showcase.
We're proud to be a part of these improvements and to continue to solicit donations for this on-going efforts. Expect to see shade trees start to fill the 4MRM Expand plaza...and expect to hear us asking for help to get it done. When imagining the trees, pavement murals, seating areas, landscaping, and other decorative elements yet to come, it's easy to see this will be a great plaza for the market, festivals and other events for years to come.
Come out from 9-10am to hear local favorites, The Irish Breakfast Band while relaxing the 4MRMarket Lounge. And stay for the second show from 11 till noon, when banjoist Bill Mansfield takes the stage.
St. Elmo's probably will not be there again this week due to soon-to-be resolved staffing issues, but you can come by the 4MRMarket tent to get yourself a complimentary cup o' Joe or glass of sweet tea to kick-start your morning while you kick-back and enjoy your day in Four Mile Run Park.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C and T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - May or may not make it this week - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
- No. 1 Sons (Alexandria, VA) - Traditional fermented vegetables and soy products.
- Love and Glitter (Ellicott City, MD) - Our newest vendor brings HANDMADE goods from LOCAL artisans.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" will be back again this week after a one week absence.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MR Park. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund. More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.