|The 4MRMarket Site is growing up before our eyes|
Last week was the grand opening of 4MRMarket, and it was one heck of a market. Thank you to everyone that came out. It was one of the busier days we've ever had, and we didn't even have our full compliment of vendors up and running yet.
The transformation of the market site from a series of vacant lots to a spacious plaza was impressive to see close-up. It also made the market feel much more welcoming and enjoyable and several shoppers told us as much. When imagining the trees, pavement murals, seating areas, landscaping, and other decorative elements yet to come, it's easy to see this will be a great plaza for the market, festivals and other events for years to come.
This week, we add market regular Pleitez Produce back into the fold, as well as a talented jewelry maker named Love and Glitter. Come out and expand your shopping list as the market grows throughout the season!
Perhaps, if you haven't found that perfect gift for Mom yet, you can pick up a veggie garden worth of plants from C&T Produce and help her create her own backyard garden. That way, she'll remember you every time she enjoys a tasty caprese salad throughout the summer with homegrown tomatoes. Or how about a pendant or her favorite jewelry item from Love and Glitter? You could also invite Mom along to the market and sit in the 4MRMarket Lounge just enjoying the day, having breakfast, and shopping for a nice meal later that day!
St. Elmo's probably will not be there again this week due to soon-to-be resolved staffing issues, but you can come by the 4MRMarket tent to get yourself a cup o' Joe to kick-start your morning.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C and T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - May or may not make it this week - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
- Number One Sons (Alexandria, VA) - Traditional fermented vegetables and soy products.
- Love and Glitter (Ellicott City, MD) - Our newest vendor brings an experienced jeweler into our midst. Come find that last minute gift for Mom!
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" will be off this week due to a previous commitment.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MR Park. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund. More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.