|New vendor Ritu with her company|
"Ekaa, Hands That Create"
Between last week and this, we welcome three new vendors into the fold. Last Sunday saw Ekaa, Hands That Create brighten up the market with their fantastic and affordable handmade clothing. Raining Cats & Dogs also joined in with gourmet organic and gluten free pet treats. Both will be here again this week!
This weekend, Furloughed Feds will be the newest market member. These two local women are finding some "free time" to bake to their heart's content, and 4MRMarket customers will be the lucky beneficiaries.
Don't forget all your old favorites, as well: produce, pasture raised beef, artisan cheese, herbal teas, and much more! There's more reason than ever to check out 4MRMarket this weekend!
And of course, the 4MRMarket Stage will be humming again from about 10am to Noon with 4MRMarket veteran musician Mike Elosh. Mike is a roots and folk musician that you've probably heard at past markets and during his monthly performances at St. Elmo's Coffee Pub.
|Sunday at 10am at 4MRMarket Stage!|
See the FaceBook event page for more details.
Remember, the concert is free, but Mike and all our performers welcome tips and friendly applause for sharing their craft with you on a lovely Sunday morning. Please come out and support this Dylan-like folk rock singer/songwriter. Mike uses guitar, piano and harmonica to accompany his roots-based music.
Don't forget that the Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win campaign continues this weekend at 4MRMarket!
Bring your “Farm. Fresh. Pledge.” punch card if you already have one. If you didn't get started yet, just ask for one at 4MRMarket and earn one punch for each $10 you spend on Virginia Grown products.
Here is what's at 4MRMarket this week. Plus, there may be one or two more new items in store beyond even these!
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- Furloughed Feds - Home baked goodies (cupcakes, brownies, coffee cakes, caramel candies) and breakfast treats (muffins, biscotti, granola), served (for a reasonable price) to the public, in lieu of serving the public. "Let Them Eat Cake...and other Goodies!!"
- Whole Health (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- Charlette Marie Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Raining Cats & Dogs - Gourmet Organic and Gluten Free Pet Treats
- Ekaa, Hands That Create, (Columbia, Maryland) Hand-crafted Home and Fashion accessories.
- Others pending!
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via our website and blog.