|Get ready for the 4th at |
4MRMarket! (Image: wikipedia.org)
Happy almost Independence Day! This Sunday's 4MRMarket is just 4 days before the 4th of July and all those cookouts and parties you have planned. Make sure to load up on pasture-raised beef and local pork from Stifler Farms and lots of great sweet corn and other grillable veggie goodies from C&T Produce. Top off burgers like a true gourmand with a perfectly crafted cheese of your choice from Tom's Amish Cheeses!
The key ingredients you need for a great, sustainably sourced 4th of July are right in your back yard at this Sunday's 4MRMarket! Some come on down.
On top of the Sunday goodies, you can bop along or feel a bit souldful with local crooner Frenchie LeBlanc on the 4MRMarket Stage! From about 10-noon, Frenchie will grace our stage for the second time this season with his Swing’n Blues, Rockabilly, HonkyTonk, and Old School Rock n’ Roll mix of music for all ages. Perhaps you caught Frenchy's performance in early May when he livened up the stage with some great tunes. Come back for the encore!
|Groove to Frenchi LeBlanc on the|
4MRMarket Stage from 10-noon
Please see the 4MRMarket FaceBook event page for more information about the show!
The Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win campaign continues this weekend at 4MRMarket!! Remember to bring your “Farm. Fresh. Pledge.” punch card if you already have one. Or, if you didn't get started yet, just ask for one at 4MRMarket and earn one punch for each $10 you spend on Virginia Grown products.
Collect all 14 punches for a chance to win a Virginia Grown® / Virginia’s Finest® gift basket valued at $250. (See the official rules for more details).
You can fill up your bags with a great selection of produce, meat, cheese, teas, health and beauty products, and more.
Here is what's at 4MRMarket this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- Fluffed Up Desserts - (Alexandria) - Gourmet Marshmallow treats and macarons. Also enjoy a breakfast s'more at this weekend's market.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- Charlette Marie Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
BUY. Proceeds of our 4MRMarket T-shirts go to support the expansion and revitalization of 4MR Park. They cost $12 and come in 4 colors. See us model a few at the market. You can pre-pay online via Pay-Pal (send money to 4MRM@arlandria.org).
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.
SPREAD THE WORD. Please tell folks about us. And tell folks about some of the great things we're doing. For instance, all SNAP/EBT participants can take advantage of the Inova-sponsored "Double Dollar" program again this year that doubles the first $10 SNAP participants spend at the market. 4MRMarket is the first farmers’ market in Northern Virginia (and still the only) to accept SNAP. And C&T Produce now accepts SFMNP vouchers!