Raffle Ticket for $100 market bag giveaway.
Click on it for a printable version
If you were at Alexandria's Birthday Celebration last weekend, you might have seen the 4MRMarket team receive Alexandria's Department of Parks and Recreation CIVIC Award on behalf of all the community that has worked on getting the market up and running, making use of a vacant lots as they await the transformation into park. We were thrilled to receive the award, so we thought we'd share our happy cheer in the form of a big give-away! Prepare for a reusable bag full of at least $100 of 4MRMarket goodness! We're also giving away market t-shirts to 4 other lucky winners.
Whether you already have the raffle ticket or not, here's a printable version (there are 2 raffle tickets per page, so you can print one and share), or you can come to 4MRMarket and pick one up.
Here's how it all works: buy something from each of the 6 vendors listed on the raffle ticket and get them to mark your raffle card. Fill in your information so we can contact you, and drop it with the market managers. You have to make a purchase at each of the 6 vendors this week or next week, July 24th, before the end of the market day. You can also get 10% off your purchase at some of the vendors, where indicated!
This is the prime time of the year to visit the market. So much amazing produce is in season -- you simply have to come by and check it out. Enjoy coffee and breakfast (including crepes this week!), then get your head in the fresh, local shopping game. Get there early to beat the heat and stock up on the first pick of gorgeous super-sweet corn, watermelons, summer squash, and so many other delicious market items! But FYI, Herban Avenues should be back next week with all your herbal needs.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" (Shenandoah) - Natural, locally farm-raised black Angus beef, and now fresh, farm raised Pork, including bacon and andouille, chorizo, and breakfast sausage! (all flash frozen for convenience)
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C&T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- Patowmack Farm/Divine Foods (Lovettsville, VA) - Crepes and Smoothies made-to-order, plus organic, value added products.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Uncommon Knits (WV) - Handwoven linens made with 100% cotton and hand-stitched hems for your kitchen, dining room and bath.
- Ron RLR-Designs (Herndon, VA) - Artistic photo prints to dress up any wall
- Yoli B. (Hanover, MD) - Hand-stitched kids clothing.
- Sweet Hearts Patisserie (Fairfax, VA) - a Northern Virginia based patisserie specializing in gourmet victorian petit fours and other miniature sized pastries. Sweet Hearts petit fours are made in a variety of delectable flavors and designs, and make the perfect gift or tea time treat.
VeloCity bike co-op will be on-site doing teaching bike maintenance and repair. In our 4MRMarket Tent come meet folks from the Dominion Green Power Program.
If you're a SNAP/EBT participant, remember to come out and take advantage of the Inova-sponsored "Double Dollar" program that doubles the first $10 SNAP participants spend at the market. 4MRMarket is the first farmers’ market in Northern Virginia (and still the only) to accept SNAP.
If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, we have set up a new on-line way to sign-up. Go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the volunteer tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at email@example.com for more info.