If you're still looking for a gift for Dad on his special day, Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market may have just the type of thing you're looking for. Whether your Dad is into locally grown and made products or is just into quality products in general, we can help you put together a great gift basket for Dad, like we did. Just follow these simple steps:
- Pick up a free Buy Fresh Buy Local bag and a 4MRMarket t-shirt to compliment Dad's weekend knock around wardrobe.
- Visit vendors of your choice and grab a nice assortment of items that perhaps introduce him to new, delicious ideas.
- Stuff in all the locally made products into the bag, add a little tissue paper casually sticking out of the over-sized "gift bag".
- Watch Dad enjoy the fine assortment of high-quality products you've hand-selected. Maybe get him to share some of that Artisan Amish cheese with you, too!
The bag displayed here contains a 4MRMarket t-shirt, a special dish towel from Uncommon Knits, Green Lemon skin suds from Herban Avenue, and a selection of cheeses and a jams from Tom's Amish Cheese Store, and elderberry vinaigrette from Patowmack Farm/Divine Foods.
Deb at 4MRMarket Opening
Those of you who follow us on our Facebook page may have heard our more somber news.
Our beloved seafood lady from last season, Deb Charters of Northern Lights Seafood, passed away this week.
Please view this story on our website containing more information, including how to contribute to Humane Animal Rescue Team (HART) in her memory. Deb was a bright spirit and we and our customers have missed her dearly during her illness. Keep her in your thoughts. She will be greatly missed.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Herban Avenues at AHHA Ranch (Lovettsville, VA) - Herbal remedies, amazing soaps, heritage breed chicken eggs, and a variety of herbs.
- Patowmack Farm/Divine Foods (Lovettsville, VA) - Crepes and Smoothies made-to-order, plus organic, value added products.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C&T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Uncommon Knits (WV) - Handwoven linens made with 100% cotton and hand-stitched hems for your kitchen, dining room and bath.
- Ron RLR-Designs (Herndon, VA) - Artistic photo prints to dress up any wall
- Yoli B. (Hanover, MD) - Hand-stitched kids clothing. NEW!
- Sweet Hearts Patisserie (Fairfax, VA) - a Northern Virginia based patisserie specializing in gourmet victorian petit fours and other miniature sized pastries. Sweet Hearts petit fours are made in a variety of delectable flavors and designs, and make the perfect gift or tea time treat. NEW!
We also expect that this Sunday will be the return of VeloCity bike co-op. The guys will be on-site doing teaching bike maintenance and repair.
And in our 4MRMarket Tent come meet folks from the Sierra Club, Dominion Green Power and the Alexandria Health Department who will be giving out info about food safety.
If you're a SNAP/EBT participant, remember to come out and take advantage of the Inova-sponsored "Double Dollar" program that doubles the first $10 SNAP participants spend at the market. 4MRMarket is the first farmers’ market in Northern Virginia (and still the only) to accept SNAP.
Please support your volunteer-run neighborhood farmers market. We can't do it without neighborhood support! Also, volunteers are always welcome to help find musicians to play the market, help staff the SNAP machine (after some training, of course), and to help book the community tent with City agencies, non-profits, etc. Find a Market Manager and ask to help, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.