You may recall Architects Anonymous came up with a very promising plan for these parcels of land that were the inspiration for the Market and for saving the old Duron building for community use. The community use building is set to begin construction, and now the community has a say in how to create a dynamic outdoor space that acts as a gateway to the City.
Here's the City's release and agenda for tonight. We hope to see you there!
Four Mile Run/
and Open Space Planning Mount Vernon Avenue Park
Monday, September 20 Community Meeting
The meeting will be held
25 West Reed Avenueat the and beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to explore the open space properties, located at Cora Kelly Recreation Center 4109-4125 Mount Vernon Avenueprior to the meeting. Please let neighbors and colleagues who are unable to attend the meeting know that additional comments are encouraged and can be submitted via email or hard copy to Laura Durham (see contact information below).
- Welcome and introductions (5 minutes)
- Overview of site and park planning process (5 minutes)
- Community involvement and investment (5 minutes)
- Update on Farmer’s Market use of the site (10 minutes)
- Review of AA Concept Plan for the Duron building and four parcels (10minutes)
- Identifying community-serving park elements
- Attendees feedback/suggestions (45 minutes)
- Questions and next steps (10 minutes)Please send written comments to Laura Durham at email@example.com or via post to
1108 Jefferson Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.