|Grill up something great from|
What's For Dinner Now this Labor Day!
Well, get your outdoor time started Sunday morning at 4MRMarket and get all your goodies for your Monday BBQ!
Enjoy a performance on the 4MRMarket Stage from 10am to Noon with a coffee or tea from St. Elmo's.
When the caffeine kicks in, shop around a bit: What's For Dinner Now can provide the pasture raised beef and naturally farmed pork products. Tom's Amish Cheese Store can top your tasty burgers with deliciously crafted cheese. And C&T Produce can provide all the corn, zucchini, squash, and any other veggies for the grill! Use some Whole Health tea to brew up some refreshing and healthy iced tea and you'll be all set to enjoy Labor Day!
|Click for larger image|
4MRMarket veteran Jong Lee this Sunday from 10am-noon!
Jong runs Jive Sound, a bass guitar shop on the Avenue in Arlandria, and his performances earlier this year were so much fun!
Remember, the concert is free, but Jong and all our performers welcome tips and friendly applause for sharing their craft with you on a lovely Sunday morning.Please see the 4MRMarket FaceBook event page for more information about the show!
Don't forget the Free Swag!
- We still have a bunch of INOVA sponsored Buy Fresh, Buy Local bags left over from National Farmers Market Week just a couple weeks ago! Come by the market and pick yours up this weekend!
- Pledge to celebrate at 4MRMarket this summer and the folks at American Farmland Trust will send you a free "No Farms No Food" bumper sticker. Your pledge will help show prospective vendors that there's community support. (Donations to support AFT are optional.)
- The Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win campaign continues this weekend at 4MRMarket!
Bring your “Farm. Fresh. Pledge.” punch card if you already have one. If you didn't get started yet, just ask for one at 4MRMarket and earn one punch for each $10 you spend on Virginia Grown products.Collect all 14 punches for a chance to win a Virginia Grown® / Virginia’s Finest® gift basket valued at $250. 4MRMarket will also award prizes to monthly drawings from all punch cards received. (See the official rules for more details).
You can fill up your bags with a great selection of produce, meat, cheese, teas, health and beauty products, and more.
4MRMarket Vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- Old Town Suds - (Alexandria) This maker of eco-friendly soaps, cleaning supplies, bath bombs, and more! Old Town Suds started because Steffanie was allergic to most commercial soaps on the market; then she became really sick and wondered if her health was being made worse by everyday chemicals. Their decadent soaps & nose-pleasing cleaning products are tough on dirt but easy on humans, pets, and the Earth. Look for Port City Beer soap & Legend (Richmond, VA) Beer soap plus the Cup of Joe soap that looks like a latte!
- Charlette Marie Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Raining Cats & Dogs - Gourmet Organic and Gluten Free Pet Treats
- Colorful Life (McLean, VA) - Food trucks may not be permitted yet in Alexandria, but this roving truck selling contemporary Women's apparel will bring the goods to market! Like any boutique, the customer can walk aboard the truck stocked with trendy clothing and accessories and even try on the pieces in our dressing room.
- Others pending!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, come talk to us any Sunday. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via our website and blog.